Network Management for App Stores
From Mocean Mobile Wiki
To log in to a specific network, you need to use the email and password provided by Mocean when you registered.
If you are successfully logged in, you will be redirected to the Dashboard page of the corresponding network.
Forgot A Password
Even if you have forgotten your password, you can still log in using a new temporary password. To obtain it, go directly to the network login page and select 'Forgot Your Password?' from the Member Login page.
Then, specify your email and click on the Reset password button.
After that, a new password will be sent to your inbox. Click on the URL in the Password Recovery Request Email to recover your password. Then go back to the network main page and try to log in using a temporary password specified in the Password Recovery Request Email.
NOTE: DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR TEMPORARY PASSWORD AS SOON AS YOU LOG IN TO THE NETWORK.
For this purpose, select the Profile tab from the main navigation bar. Then, enter the Current Password, the one you want to have in 'Password' and 'Confirm password' fields. Click 'Save' to save the changes.
Now, you are able to log in to the network using your specified password.
The first step in the management of a network is to define the apps that will exist within the network.
Selecting 'App Setup' from the top navigation panel brings up the app creation user interface. This is where the applications within the particular network will be created and managed.
Each application has to be created individually with an application name, type, specified Content Verticals, accepted Ad Categories, and AppWorld link and description.
- Choose a network (entire network or sub-network) from the corresponding select-box.
- Select an App Type from the drop-down.
- Enter an application name.
- Add a description (which should be descriptive for identification and management purposes).
- Enter an App Link.
- Enable the "Over Age 18" option to mark the app as for adults only.
- Select the Content Verticals corresponding to the application in question via the check-boxes from the ' Content Verticals ' panel.
- Select the Ad Categories representing the Ad Content you are willing to server to your app via the check-boxes from the ' Ad Categories ' panel.
Once all of the application information is entered, select 'Save', at which point the app name, description assigned, Content Verticals and Ad Categories will appear in the 'Existing Apps' list below. Additionally, the ‘App successfully saved’ message will appear at the top of the screen in green.
The Manage Apps tab on the sub-navigation bar below App Setup allows for pricing floors to be set on an app down to the zone level. Additionally, it allows for each zone to be designated to contain a text ad, a banner ad, or both. The initial Manage Apps screen appears as below.
The following options are available under the Manage Apps sub-navigation:
The list of existing apps can be filtered by network or by app statuses right above the grid (All/Active/Declined/Pending).
Use the search option to find the app you need. Enter an app name or domain in the search box and click, ‘Go’ to move to the page for managing this app.
The following information is available under the Exsisting Apps list:
- App Name (sortable)
- App Network (sortable)
- Status (sortable) - reflects app's status - Active, Pending or Declined - and allows to change the status (if it is allowed to a user by permissions).
- Type (sortable)
- Zones - lead to the app management panel. For every app, a default zone is automatically generated by the platform, and will appear in the Existing Zones list. While managing the app you are able to create, manage and delete its zones, to set competitive ad filter and competitive keyword filter as well. Find more information below
- Zones Report - allows to get a CSV with the list of zones and their details.
- Edit - allows you to change app settings: name, description, channels, link and type.
- Delete - allows to delete an app. Multiple "Delete" action is allowed. For this purpose check the desired apps in the list and select ‘Delete selected’ at the bottom of the list.
- Copy - allows to create a new app on the base of the existing one.
- App Review - allows to view the app information at a glance in a pop-up window. Here you can change the app status as well.
- View Verticals - allows to view the app's verticals at a glance in a pop-up window.
- You can get a CSV list of the existing apps by clicking at "Get CSV" above the grid.
- You can also delete several apps at the same time, and to do this check the desired apps and select ‘Delete selected’ at the bottom of the apps list.
- When you delete an app it is moved to the DELETED APPS list. So, if you have deleted an app by mistake, you have the ability to restore the app.
Zones allow for the assignment of different ad types, placements and pricing within the apps over a network. The 'Zones' section of the 'App Setup', 'Manage Apps' sub-navigation allows for the defining of the zones used in the network.
To define a zone, simply create a name, and enter its description into the respective form fields.
Then enter the value for a custom field (if any is created under Network Admin Panel) and select the zone type that is what type of ads - text, graphic, richmedia or all - can be shown on this zone.
Choose to set a minimum CPC/CPM/CPA rate, or leave unchecked if there is no minimum associated.
Then specify eCPM Goal floors. This option allows publishers to set Target eCPM and Min eCPM Goal values for a zone. The ad server will run ad campaigns where the ad campaign eCPM meets at least the eCPM goal of the app, then checks every 10 minute to see if the ad's eCPM continues to be at least equal to or above the zone eCPM goal. If it is not, the ad is no longer eligible to serve on that zone.
Once the zone has been defined, select 'Save'. The newly created zone will appear in the list below, and the "Zone successfully saved", message will appear.
There is no limit to the number of zones that can be created. The default zone may be deleted or maintained, depending on whether it is planed to utilize it or not.
The following options are available under the Manage Zones section:
- Select this option to view install code samples.
- Install codes allow to specify the place, number, type of ad to be shown on your zone as well as its look (header, borders, background and text color). You may also set keywords that will select only those ads for showing that are targeted to these keywords (see Keywords Ad Targeting). Some other parameters for ad selection can also be specified here for more precise ad selection.
- Select this option to change zone settings: name, description, type and min rate.
- If you need to delete some zones, select the Delete option opposite the zone in question.
Competitive Ad Filter
The Competitive Ad Filter ensures that ads from competitors' URLs do not appear on the network apps. There is no limit to the number of URLs entered here. Simply type the URLs to be blocked in the form field, and select, 'Add'. Note that only mobile web browser URLs (i.e. URLs that start with the prefix http:// or https://) can be entered into the Competitive Ad Filter. Entering a top-level domain will exclude all subdomains from appearing on your apps as well.
As they are added, the URLs will appear in the list below.
- NOTE: Network Owner is able to upload a list of competitive URLs through the Network Admin Panel that will appear in Competitive Ad Filter lists of all the network's apps.
The Competitive Ad Filter will only be applied to the click through URL associated with a creative or a landing page URL. Therefore, if a 3rd party external ad feed is targeting your apps, the filter list will not be applied to those ads. If you are using 3rd party feeds you can contact your feed provider directly for additional competitive filtering options.
Competitive Keyword Filter
Another way to filter out your competitors from advertising on your apps is to specify keywords on the ' Competitive Keyword Filter ' form.
The Competitive Keyword Filter list will be applied to text associated with Mocean Mobile Orders, including Order Names, Line Item Names, Creative Names, Creative Text, and Ad Feed Names. Keywords entered will not be applied to the text found within mobile landing page content, Rich Media content, text within URLs, text within banner Creative, or text within 3rd Party Ad Feed Creative. If you are using 3rd party feeds you can contact your feed provider directly for additional competitive filtering options.
Under the "Advertisers" tab of the main navigation menu you will find the "Manage Advertisers" subtab where an advertiser can be created for the network and advertiser permissions can be managed. A Network Manager may grant permissions directly to brands and/or advertisers to do several things – including manage their own ads or view their own custom reports. The Advertiser login will only allow access to activity directly relating to that advertiser; ad information across the network is only viewable to the Administrator or Network Manager.
The "Manage Advertisers" page contain the following information:
- a form to add/edit an advertiser accompanied with the list of permissions for the chosen user profile;
- default network advertiser (Network Owner) information tab;
- the list of existing advertisers.
Below you will find more information on each part.
When adding an Advertiser, the following information should be specified:
- network (Super-Network/Sub-Network),
- status (Active/Inactive),
- permissions profile (for more details, see Advertiser Permissions),
- email address,
- password (configured by the Network Manager),
- first name,
- last name,
When you select a permission profile for the advertiser, the description/specific permissions of each permission profile will appear to the right of the form.
Once advertiser details have been completed and the desired permission levels have been set, select ‘Save’ to create the advertiser account.
An email with the advertiser’s account information will be automatically generated and sent to the advertiser, unless the option to enable e-mail notifications has been disabled.
The option to resend the email to the advertiser is given via the ‘Re-Send Email’ button next to ‘Save’. If the advertiser does not receive the first email, or misplaces their account information, this can be used by the Network Manager to get that information back out to the advertiser.
After advertiser permissions have been set, they can be managed from the Existing Advertiser list at the bottom of the page (see Existing Advertisers).
Default Network Advertiser
The Default Network Advertiser panel provides users with the main information about the network owner (he is considered to be the default advertiser for his own network).
The following details about the default advertiser can be obtained from the panel.
- Company name
- First and last names
- Network owned by him
- His ID in the system
From the "Search" panel it is available to search an advertiser in the list of Existing Advertisers by his Account/Full name or E-mail.
The Existing Advertisers panel at the bottom of the ‘Manage Advertisers’ tab allows for the management of existing advertiser accounts. Once an advertiser account is established, it will appear in the list similar to the example below.
Use the Network Filter select-box to filter out existing advertisers of a certain sub-network.
Choosing a certain action from the first column allows the Network Manager to view advertiser's orders, edit his account settings or delete a certain advertiser account. Edit the advertiser account information here.
- Selecting ‘Orders’ allows the Network Manager to view any ad activity the advertiser may have. This selection delivers the user to the ‘Orders – Manage Orders’ tab, and defaults to the Active order view.
- Select ‘Edit’ to change the advertiser account settings (see section Add/Edit Advertiser). All the fields are available for editing, except the Network one.
- Besides the advertiser data you may add/subtract funds to advertiser's balance as well as regenerate the API Key for him.
- Select ‘Delete’ to remove the certain advertiser account.
The Existing Advertiser tab also displays advertiser account information, with a Local balance column, until funds are transferred or deposited from one of several sources (see section Advertiser Funding).
Advertiser API Key and Values
When editing advertiser's data it is possible to regenerate the API Key for him to be able to use MAST SOAP API service.
To re-generate the API key click the “Regenerate API Key” button on the “API Key&Values” form. When the button is clicked, a small modal window asking the user, "Are you sure you want to regenerate the API Key?" with Yes and No buttons will appear. When Yes, the key is created. When No, the window closes and nothing happens.
Please, find more information about API Key Access here.
When an Advertiser account is initially established by the Network Manager, Local Balance is set to $0.00.
Local Balance - the balance on the account assigned by the Network Manager. This would be related directly to amounts invoiced to the Advertiser.
There are two ways for funds to be added to an Advertiser account – via credit card (directly by the Advertiser or the Network Manager) or by the Network Manager if the Invoice Payment Option is enabled.
If the Network Manager has chosen to invoice the advertiser, he may add funds to advertiser’s local balance by editing the advertiser's account in question.
NOTE: BE SURE THAT THE CORRECT ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR EDITING BY DOUBLECHECKING ACCOUNT DETAILS LIKE E-MAIL ADDRESS, COMPANY, USER NAME, ETC.
Once that has been established, enter the dollar amount to add to the advertiser’s local balance in the Local Balance box, and select ’Add’.
The funds will appear in the advertiser’s local balance in the Existing Advertisers panel, ready to be used by the advertiser.
Once advertiser accounts have been created, it is time to move on to Order Setup (see section Create Orders).
User's ability to create Orders is determined by the user's permissions (see here).
A user with “Manager” Permissions enabled can create an Order for an Advertiser, select an appropriate IO for him and commence creating the Order from scratch with the IO’s Money set as the Order Budget.
Click "Orders" tab of the main navigation menu to access order management tab. You may create a new order by clicking on “Create Order” sub-tab or “Create New Order” button above the list of existing orders in the main navigation menu.
- Create New Order Form
The form for order generation will appear.
Fill it in with the necessary information:
- Order Name - fill in the order name. This must be unique within the network.
- House Order check-box - is unchecked by default. If House Order check box is checked the advertiser in that case will be the Account of the user creating the House Order. NOTE: The House Order checkbox can not be viewed by advertisers.
- A house order is an order booked by the publishers themselves, using their own inventory to promote themselves. A House order can only be edited if the Orders line items haven’t started to run. If an order is defined as a House Order, all of its line items are House Line items. House Line Items do not have a dollar value and are not considered for billing.
- House Orders are exempt from Publisher price minimums so they will run anywhere they are targeted with all metrics being tracked and reported on.
- Once House Order is set and saved it can not be changed from its original settings.
- Test Mode check-box - is unchecked by default. The order can be set as test and its delivery within the network will be configured without actually having your order served in response to any ad requests. If an Order is created in Test Mode its "Create line item" form has "Set as Held Ad" check-box unavailable for editing.
- Orders in Test Mode are exempt from all targeting restrictions and Publisher price minimums. These orders will serve with all metrics tracked and reported on, but they won't be included in revenue numbers.
- NOTE: Only one of the check-boxes - "House Order" or "Test Mode" - can be enabled for one order. The selected check-box can not be changed after the order is saved.
- Advertiser - select an advertiser responsible for the order; is auto-populated.
- Select the Type of Balance. 3 options are available:
- - Unrestricted - the infinite balance is used; that means there are no balance restrictions for an advertiser. This option is selected by default.
- - Use Advertiser Balance - you can select the specific amount to limit advertiser balance. The available budget is viewed in the below. The amount can be changed by adding funds to the advertiser's balance.
- - Use Insertion Order - insertion orders are used for payments (only available under a specific advertiser!).
- Select the desired insertion order from the list of existing insertion orders appearing below as soon as "Use Insertion Order" balance option is selected from the drop down.
- It is possible to create a new insertion order for the advertiser by clicking at "New IO" beside. In a pop-up window enter a necessary information and upload the file to create the insertion order (for more details on IO creation process see the Create Insertion Orders section).
- NOTE: After saving, the selected balance type can not be changed.
- Total Budget - is derived as the sum of line item individual budgets; is auto-populated. If a line item has unlimited set as a limit, the total budget will reflect that.
- Timezone - is a timezone for your order (line items) to serve in. Once the order is saved, it can not be changed.
- Start and End dates - specify start and end dates for the order to serve or select "Immediate/Undefined" from the drop-down.
- Custom Attribute - enter Custom attribute here or save the auto-populated default value (if any exist). Custom UI Field can be created at Advanced Network Settings under Custom UI Field tab (see here).
After filling in all the necessary information click “Save” to save the order. After saving an order its ID can be viewed in the order form right below its name.
This Order will appear in the Manage Orders sub-tab and you will be able to create Line Items for the saved order (see below).
Once an order has been created it can be managed using the Manage Orders panel. Here you can run and pause orders, edit or delete the specified orders, as well as get the fast access to an order hourly/daily/monthly report.
For networks with the amount of orders over 5000 a part of it only is shown i.e. the most recent orders. The number of shown orders is available in the upper-right corner of the grid. To load the rest of orders click at "Load Remaining" next to it.
The following information is available under this tab:
- Order Name - the name of the order,
- IO - the number of insertion order if assigned to the order,
- Start date - the order start date,
- End date - the order end date,
- Advertiser Name - the name of the advertiser, the order is assigned to,
- Budget - the order's budget that is the sum of all its line items budgets,
- Budget Spent - the budget spent to the order that is the sum of spent budgets of its line items,
- Notifications - the notification message for the order that the advertiser balance is low, marked with or the order has been migrated and adjustments needed marked with .
- Actions - the list of actions to apply to the order (see below).
The Existing Orders can be filtered by Order Name, Order ID, Order Custom Attribute, Line Item Name, Line Item Custom Attribute, Advertiser Name (Company), Advertiser ID, Network (if you are in the super-network) as well as by Start/End Dates, Budget in the grid.
The following actions can be applied to the order:
- Edit – brings up the form for editing the order.
- Copy – brings up the Order creation form with a new order created with all settings inherited from the parent order.
- Logs – bring up the change logs screen for the order.
- Report – brings up the report generation form.
- Delete – allows to delete the order.
You may select/tick an order(-s) and choose an action – Delete or Undelete – from the Action tab below the orders list to implement it to the selected items at a time.
To download a CSV with all the information from the Manage Orders tab, click “Export CSV” below the existing orders table.
To view order's line items click on its name in the table. You will be moved to the order form.
All existing line items for the order are listed below the form.
The following information is provided for each Line Item:
- Line Item Name with an icon for its status (Running, Paused, Pending, Declined, Completed, Saved, Deleted or all). By clicking at the check-boxes next to status names you may include/exclude the line items with such statuses into/from the list.
- IO number if the line item is funded by Insertion Order.
- Start and End dates of the Line Item.
- Advertiser the line item belong to.
- Budget Spent
- Pacing (Actual Delivery %/ Expected Delivery %)
- Order the line item is created for.
- Action (Edit, Copy, Pause/Resume, Review, Creatives, Report, Delete) to manage the line item.
Line items in the list can be sorted by line item name, start and end dates, budget, pacing data.
Create Line Items
In this section you will know how to:
- create a line item and make basic settings for it;
- create a new targeting group and make targeting settings for the line item;
- create a new placement group and make placement settings;
- block competitive domains from serving your ad(s) on them;
- set delivery caps for your ad(s);
- assign creative(s) to your line item;
- assign 3rd party ad feeds to your line item;
- save and launch the line item.
Once an Order is created you may assign a line item to it by clicking the "New Line Item" button above the list of order's line items. Line items contain all the settings for the Order including targeting, placement, delivery settings, creatives and ad feed settings. One Order may have multiple Line Items.
In the appeared form you can see two panels. The upper one contains basic line item settings. Below specific settings for targeting, placement, delivery, creatives can be made.
Basic Create Line Item functionality requires to specify:
- Line Item Name – Enter a name for the new Line Item. It should be unique within the system.
- Line Item Type. Line Item types are only flags that can be used for external billing processes. These flags do not affect ad serving or reporting in any way. There are 4 types of flags to choose between:
- a) Standard
- b) Priority
- c) Bonus
- d) Make Good
- Line Item Source – Defines if the ad is a direct creative or it is a 3rd Party Ad Feed. NOTE: Once selected and saved, Line Item Source can not be changed from it's original settings.
- Custom Attribute - Specify a Custom Attribute value if any is created for Line Items under Network Admin Panel (see here).
- Start/End Dates – Should be specified for the line item to determine its delivery period. Make sure the date range specified for the line item stays within the order date range.
- Ad Category – Specifies the sphere the ad concerns. NOTE: Ad Category is available for Direct Creatives only!
- Over 18 only - When the check-box is enabled the ad serves to apps allowed for adults only.
- Ad Type – can be set as:
- - Set as Held Ad
- Enabling this option makes the ad inaccessible for processing by the ad server so that it can't be returned on a certain request (similar to paused orders). All inventory will be reserved for the held ad. NOTE: The check-box is not available to Advertisers as well as for orders in Test Mode.
- - Set as Held Ad
Click Save Line Item when all the basic information is populated.
Some special settings are allowed for a line item such as targeting, placement, delivery, ad feed configurations, etc. that make your ad serve more efficiently.
An ad can be targeted choosing a targeting group that can be created with a name and optionally be associated with an Advertiser or set as Network-wide (available to all users in the network).
- NOTE: Only Users with “Can Use Targeting Group” permission enabled will be able to use the targeting groups.
Targeting groups available for the line item are listed under "Targeting" tab. To find the group use the search option - enter a search term in the box and click "Go" to get results.
Check a targeting group in interest to target your line item against its options. Once a targeting group is linked to the line item its settings can be viewed above the targeting group list. You can see the name of the selected targeting group at the top of the review form. To edit its settings click on the "Edit" button next to the targeting group name.
To preview the group settings hover the mouse over the targeting group name and view the information in the pop-up window.
The following actions are available to be performed on a targeting group:
- Allows to edit the group settings in the targeting pop-up window.
- When editing a targeting group, it gets changed for all line items associated with that group. The information on the number of the line items linked to this targeting group is introduced in the targeting group list right opposite each targeting group name as well as in the modal window that appears when clicking on "Edit" and making changes to a targeting group.
- If the changes are not intended for all the linked line items, a user can unlink those that the edits should not affect. The "Unlinking" action removes the targeting group in question from the selected line items and sets a "[Custom targeting]" group in its place with the same targeting options selected. This way, any changes made to the targeting group (while editing) will only affect those line items that are still linked.
- NOTE: In case the edits are made by a user without the "Can Approve Line Item" permission, "Unlink" or "Delete" actions set the linked line item(-s) to pending. It stops running till a user with appropriate permission approves it (them).
- Allows to copy the group with all its settings.
- When a user selects copying, the modal appears with the ‘Targeting Group: Custom Preset’ option unselected (which basically appears once creating a new targeting group), but containing (copied) all the targeting options from the original targeting group. Thus allowing for this new group to be set as a onetime use or renamed as a new targeting group.
- Allows to delete a targeting group.
- When deleting a targeting group, the modal will appear with all the line items associated with that targeting group and the "Delete" button at the bottom. Once selected, the targeting group will be deleted, removed from the list and all associated line items will no longer be targeted against any specific group.
- Create Targeting Group
A new targeting group can be created by clicking at "New Targeting" button. A window appears where you are able to do your targeting settings.
Enter a name for the new group and check "Network-wide" check-box to set it available to all users in the network. If the check-box is disabled, the targeting group is created for the advertiser specified for the order the line item assigned to. NOTE: The "Network-wide" option can not be changed (checked/un-checked) after the targeting group is saved.
Detailed instructions on how to make the targeting settings can be found here.
- NOTE: Only Users with enabled “Can Create Targeting Group” permissions will be able to create targeting groups containing any targets they want.
An ad can be placed on placement groups that can include the placement by Network/App/Zone and the Content Vertical placement and optionally be associated to an Advertiser or set as Network-wide (available for all users in the network).
- NOTE: Only Users with “Can Use Placement Group” permission enabled have the ability to use placement groups.
A placement group can be searched among the existing using the searching option above the group list. Enter a term you would like to find a placement group by and push "Go" to view the results.
Select a placement group from the list and view its settings in the "Linked Placement" table above the placement group list.
To preview the placement settings hover the mouse over the placement group name in the list and view the information in the pop-up window.
The following actions can be performed on a placement group:
- Allows to edit the group settings in the placement pop-up window.
- When editing a placement group, it gets changed for all line items associated with that group. The information on the number of the line items linked to this placement group is introduced in the placement group list right opposite each placement group name as well as in the modal window that appears when clicking on "Edit" and making changes to a placement group.
- If the changes are not intended for all the linked line items, a user can unlink those that the edits should not affect. The "Unlinking" action removes the placement group in question from the selected line items and sets a "Custom placement" group in its place with the same placement options selected. This way, any changes made to the placement group (while editing) will only affect those line items that are still linked.
- NOTE: In case the edits are made by a user without the "Can Approve Line Items" permission, "Unlink" or "Delete" actions set the linked line item(-s) to pending. It stops running till a user with appropriate permission approves it (them).
- Allows to copy the group with all its settings.
- When a user selects copying, the modal appears with the ‘Placement Group: Custom Preset’ option unselected (which basically appears once creating a new placement group), but containing (copied) all the placement options from the original placement group. Thus allowing for this new group to be set as a onetime use or renamed as a new placement group.
- Allows to delete a placement group.
- When deleting a placement group, the modal will appear with all the line items associated with that placement group and the "Delete" button at the bottom. Once selected, the placement group will be deleted, removed from the list and all associated line items will no longer be placed on any specific group.
To place your ad check the placement group with desired settings and click at "Save, Go To Next Tab" below the form.
- Create Placement Group
A new placement group can be created by clicking at the 'New Placement' button under Placement sub-tab of the line item form.
- NOTE: Only Users with “Can Create Placement Group” permission enabled are able to create placement groups containing any placements they want.
Placement by Content Vertical is available to users with “Can Place by Content Verticals” permission only.
Placement by Network/App/Zone is available to users with “Can Place by App and Zone” permission only.
In the appeared window enter the name for the new placement group to identify it later among the others existing in the network. Set it available for any line items in the network and its subnetworks by enabling the "Network-wide" option. Leave it unchecked if you do not wish to. It will be created for the user the order belongs to. NOTE: The "Network-wide" option can not be changed (checked/un-checked) after the placement group is saved.
- Placement by Network/App/Zone.
- An ad can be placed on a desired network, app or/and zone explicitly.
- Specify the desired placement setting.
- A window appears where you are able to do your placement settings. Apps and zones are viewed in a tree structure together with their IDs. By default networks and subnetworks are seen and are expandable for their child apps and zones by clicking at “+” next to the subnetwork/app in interest. Select the network/app/zone you with your ad to be shown on.
- NOTE: At one level branch only one app can be expanded at any given time.
- Placement can be set as Run of Network and Run of App, that is explicit checking of a parent network/subnetwork/app implicitly checks its child apps and zones.
- Along with RON/ROA selection the negative placement of individual zone or app IDs is possible. For that please click at the name of the app/zone you would like to exclude from RON/ROA selection.
- Large number of apps and zones display is supported due to pagination (for Subnetwork and App lists) and vertical scrolling (for Zone list).
- The network map can be filtered by network OR app OR zone.
- Apps, Zones and Networks can be filtered by text.
- “Choose action” drop-down allows to select or un-select the filtered results.
- Placement by Content Verticals.
- Alongside with explicit placement on Networks/Apps/Zones a placement group may contain the Content Verticals Placement settings made at the "Content Vertical" sub-tab.
- In case an ad is placed by content verticals it will be shown on those zones that have either of these content verticals in settings (unless these zones are excluded from the placement targeting).
- While working in the super-network the ad can be shown on the apps and/or zones of the super-network as well as of its sub-network(-s) with the specified content vertical(-s).
- Choose "All" or select several content verticals in the list.
- Placement Settings Implementation
- Ad Serving decisions based on your Placement Targeting will use the following logic:
- Placements (Networks/Apps/Zones) and content verticals will use - OR between the Placements and Content Verticals (e.g. when placed on App1, Zone2 and a Content Vertical that is defined for Zone3, an ad can be shown on App1, OR Zone2, OR Zone3).
- Included placements will use- OR between the included placements, (see the example above).
- Excluded placements will use-
- AND NOT between the included and excluded placements, e.g. When placing an ad on Run of Network X and excluding some of the apps/zones, the ad will be shown on all apps/zones of the Network X AND NOT the excluded ones.
- OR between the excluded placements themselves, e.g. When multiple placements are excluded, the ad will not show on excluded placements A, or B, or C.
- Included and Excluded placements will use- AND, e.g. If the two previous options are applied to one placement group, an ad will be shown on App1, OR Zone2, OR Zone3, OR Network X, AND not on the excluded apps/zones.
- In general, if the targeted apps, zones, and 2 content verticals are all inclusive placement items, the line item will run on the apps and zones explicitly targeted, and on the zones of apps that belong to the specified networks and have either of those 2 content verticals. If one of the content verticals has a zone which is excluded from the placement settings the ad will not be shown on that zone.
- Orders in the super-network placed on specific content verticals can show ads on the apps and/or zones that belong to the super-network as well as those that belong to the sub-network(-s) with the specified content vertical(-s). If needed exclusions can be implemented to prevent this.
- Save Placement Group
A placement group can be saved in two ways:
- Save the made settings for the newly-created placement group by clicking at the "Save Placements Settings" button at the bottom of the placement settings window. In this case the placement group is saved as unnamed and appears in the list of placement groups as [Custom placement]. It can be used once and will not be available for further use.
- Save the placement group by clicking at "Set as new preset" at the top of the window to be able to use it next time.
- NOTE: The saved group is available for the line items only within that network it has been created in. It will not be available for sub-networks (if any exist and the group is created in the super-network) or for the super-network in case it is created in a sub-network.
The system allows to block ad serving on certain domains. The domains can be manually typed in to the box and added one by one, or a CSV file can be uploaded.
NOTE: Each domain should start with http:// or https:// !
A domain can be deleted from the list by choosing the corresponding action from the drop-down opposite to the domain in interest.
There is an option to delete several domains at a time by selecting the domains in interest in the list and choosing the 'Delete' action from the drop-down below.
The line item will be delivered during the period specified in the date range of basic settings. But the Delivery Tab allows to customize the delivery settings for your line item and set more caps. For Line Item with Direct Creative source when firstly accessed the screen will appear as below:
Fill in the form with the following information:
Goal & Price – Allows to set the desired pricing model (CPM, CPC, CPA) for the line item and set the cost (in dollar equivalent).
- For Line Item with 3rd Party Ad Feed source the Line Item eCPM is available instead of "Goal&Price" option. It allows to set manual eCPM for the line item so a user could define an eCPM value for Ad Networks which do not have integrated reporting, and those that want to override any system generated value.
- Enable the "Manual eCPM" check-box and enter the desired value.
- In case the eCPM is not set manually, it will be calculated by the system as an average value of Default Auto-optimized eCPM of the ad feed creatives that belong to the line item. Default Auto-optimized eCPM values for 3rd Party Feeds can be set at Network Settings Panel.
In accordance with the selected pricing model and the specified price the ad is paid for by the advertiser till the budget is depleted. Once the budget limit is reached the ad stops serving.
Priority Type - You have an opportunity to set different priorities for your line items by setting Priority Types.
Total Limits and Daily Limits for Impressions, Clicks, Actions and Budget.
- "Unlimited" is enabled by default. That will let your ad continue indefinitely until you have zero balance in your account or the end date of the line item is reached.
- To set the limits enter the desired values into the boxes.
- Total limits are set for the whole period of the ad activity.
- Total Impressions - is the maximum number of ad shows allowed during the ad serve period for this line item. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving.
- Total Clicks - is the maximum number of ad clicks allowed during the ad serve period for this line item. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving.
- Total Actions - is the maximum number of user actions registered for the ad serve period for this line item. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving.
- Total Budget - is the total amount of money in dollars for the ad delivery. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving. The value should be of the format 1000.00.
- In accordance with the values specified for total limits you may set daily limits for your ad delivery.
- Daily limits are set for a day period of the ad activity.
- Daily Impressions - is the maximum number of ad shows allowed per a day for this line item. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving for this day.
- Daily Clicks - is the maximum number of ad clicks allowed per a day for this line item. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving for this day.
- Daily Actions - is the maximum number of user actions registered for the ad per day. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving for this day.
- Daily Budget - is the amount of money in dollars for the ad delivery per a day. Once the limit is reached, the ad stops serving for this day. The value should be of the format 1000.00.
- NOTE: In case the Smooth Delivery feature is enabled, the daily limits become not editable and are calculated automatically.
- When multiple caps specified the ad is delivered up to the moment one of the limits is reached.
- NOTE: When setting multiple limits make sure the specified values do not contradict each other. For instance, daily limits should not exceed total limits.
“Smooth Delivery” check box enables the smooth delivery functionality for the ad if checked. This allows to calculate daily limits using efficient algorithms.
- Once enabled, the Smooth Delivery feature allows to run the ad evenly through its end date. In accordance with the ad date range and total limits set the daily limits are calculated automatically to optimize the daily ad delivery through out its active period and maximize the impact.
- NOTE: It can be enabled if the three following requirements are met:
- dates are specified;
- total limits are set;
- Priority Type is not Sponsorship.
- Showing advanced preferences you may choose a catch up method to be used and the type of the last hour/day delivery.
- Catch Up Method
- You are allowed to choose a scenario as you wish: Slow Catch Up or Quick Catch Up.
- Slow Catch Up scenario is intended for line items that ads are desired to be delivered smoothly over time even for the remaining time period. It has the following features:
- • Delivery limits are recalculated daily on the base of the remaining time period and remaining number of Impressions/Clicks/Actions/Budget.
- • This approach gradually increases a pace of delivery that allows avoiding spikes in delivery in case the line item fell behind the schedule.
- Quick Catch Up scenario is intended for line items desired to catch up to original delivery goals when behind. It has the following features:
- • Planned trajectory is calculated based on Start/End dates of the line item and Total Impressions/Clicks/Actions/Budget values.
- • Daily limits will be set to the total Impressions/Clicks/Actions/Budget needed to quickly catch up.
- • This approach may cause spikes in delivery.
- You are allowed to choose a scenario as you wish: Slow Catch Up or Quick Catch Up.
- End Of Line item Delivery
- You can choose a type of the last hour/day of the line item delivery: Hold Smooth Delivery or Disable Smooth Delivery.
- Hold Smooth Delivery features:
- • The whole delivery period is counted for hourly/daily limits calculations without any reservations.
- ADVANTAGE: this approach guarantees smooth delivery for the full period of time.
- DISADVANTAGE: last hour limits sometimes won’t be reached and the line item will end not delivered in full.
- Disable Smooth Delivery features:
- • Last 10% (no more than 24 hours) of the delivery period is reserved to ensure full delivery and is not counted in smooth delivery limits calculation.
- • If the line item has not been delivered in full yet as 90% of delivery period is over, the system uses the remaining time to ensure full delivery by removing all hourly/daily limits.
- ADVANTAGE: if there are enough inventories for the line item, this approach guarantees full delivery for the line item.
- DISADVANTAGE: smooth delivery is guaranteed only for 90% of the time interval.
- You can choose a type of the last hour/day of the line item delivery: Hold Smooth Delivery or Disable Smooth Delivery.
Frequency Capping determines the frequency of ad shows for a defined period of time. This feature allows to limit a number of ads desired to be shown per a certain period of time by setting frequency capping limits.
NOTE: Frequency Capping can be set at the line item or creative level. If both are defined, the creative level frequency capping is used. If defined for a line item and a single creative, the creative will use it's Frequency Capping, while the remaining creative impressions are applied to the line item frequency capping.
- Set the desired number of shows per a period of time. Click "+" to save the entered data.
You may set several frequency capping limits. Make sure the specified caps do not contradict each other and are in line with total/daily limits set for the line item.
NOTE: The feature is available only if enabled for the network in the Mocean Admin Panel.
- Conversion Optimization option, when activated, allows the Mocean Mobile system to serve Campaigns in the Zones that are converting best and eliminate impressions being served to the Zones that are not converting. It automatically optimizes DR line items to meet CPA goals.
- No Conversion Optimization is selected by default.
- Select Define Conversion Optimization and specify the following information (8 digits maximum are allowed in each box):
- Max CPA: Highest CPA (TotalMoney/Conversions) you are willing to spend on this creative before the system stops delivering to that zone.
- Max Money: The maximum spend allowed per creative per zone before the system stops delivering to that zone.
- Min Conversions: Lowest number of conversions you will accept for this creative per zone before the system stops delivering to that zone.
- Phase 1 Period: Amount of hours before optimization kicks in. Recommended: 24 hours.
- Device Optimization: Enable this option to allow the system to pair device optimization with zone optimization. The system will frequently check and remove phone models and zones that do not contribute to any conversions and only run the line item on those phones that are giving maximum conversions.
- "Flex Goal Device" field appears below as soon as "Device Optimization" is enabled. Here you may set an acceptable value range (+/- the max CPA) that is allowed per device. Negative values are allowed as well as zero and positive values.
Select from the drop-down if you wish your ad to be available by direct request:
- Enabled - serve ads by direct request (exposes 'GET URL');
- Disabled- serve ads any time they are eligible.
This tab is available only if the Line Item Source is a Direct Creative. The Creative tab contains 2 panels, the left one for creative management and the right one for creative settings (to view or edit).
- NOTE: Creative Management availability is determined by corresponding user permissions.
You can click "New Creative" to create a new creative or choose a template from the library to view or edit its settings.
- New Creative
- To create a new creative click "New" at the top-right corner. A form will appear at the right panel where you should specify the following information:
- Creative Name - Specify the name for the new creative.
- "Copy to Library" check-box - Allows to you to save the creative to the library for further use.
- Creative Type - Choose a creative type from the drop-down selecting among:
- Text Ad
- Graphic Ad
- Graphic Ad represents a banner with Click Through URL specified. Mocean Mobile supports the following formats of banner ads: jpeg, png, gif.
- If a Graphic ad type is selected from the drop-down, follow the instructions below to setup the correct settings.
- Creative Images - Choose from the drop-down if the images for the ad will be uploaded from your computer or they will be externally-hosted banners.
- To upload a banner from your computer click "Browse" and choose the necessary image. Then click "Upload" to upload the file. The weight of the uploaded image should not exceed 2MB. The minimum allowed image size is 10x10 px, the maximum one is 4000x4000 px.
- In the pop-up window you are allowed to set sizes for your banner. The list of sizes can be edited via "Edit Image Size" in Control panel by a Network Owner. Sizes created in a super-network should be inherited by their subnetworks. They cannot be deleted by the subnetwork as long as it exists in the super-network. If and when it is deleted in the super-network, only then it can be deleted from the subnetwork by a subnetwork manager. Sizes created in Subnetworks, are only applied to the subnetwork they were created in, and can be deleted by the subnetwork managers at any time from the control panel. For more information visit the page.
- Check "Check All" or choose several size options. If you can not find the necessary size among the existing options, specify the desired values for width and height in pixels in the "New size" section and then click "Add".
- The chosen set of sizes can be stored as a new group for further use. Click at "Save as New Preset", enter the name for the new size group and click "Save".
- This group will appear in the list of available presets. Click "Apply" to implement the selected image size group to your banner.
- Once all the necessary size settings are made click "Continue, Scale Images" to view the results.
- Click "Cancel" to drop all the size settings.
- NOTE: Multiple Images with the same size are not allowed for one creative.
- To upload an externally-hosted banner select the corresponding option from the drop-down. Then provide the image URL and a click-through URL for it. Lastly set up the image size and click "Add Image" to view the result.
- For each size-scaled image you can provide (optionally):
- Custom Click-Thru URL - This is where you would add a Custom Click-Thru URL, which would be used for that creative exclusively.
- Custom Impression Pixel URL - This is where you would add a Custom Impression Pixel URL, which would be used for that creative exclusively.
- Click "Scale" if more scaled banners are needed. NOTE: Multiple Images with the same size are not allowed for one creative So any sizes already used are unavailable in the list.
- Click "Delete" to delete the scaled banner.
- RichMedia Ad
- Rich media refers to online advertising that makes use of a range of interactive digital Media, including streaming video and audio. The ads usually change as a users mouse passes over them.
- NOTE: Replace with %LINK% to track the click back to the destination URL.
- Please, see our Rich Media Guide to obtain more information on how to create rich media ads under Mocean Mobile platform.
- Click-thru URL - Specify a click-thru URL here.
- Select "Don't click thru" if there is no URL to specify.
- NOTE: A click thru URL must be defined when using %LINK% in the code for richmedia.
- Select "External landing page" if the creative should click-thru to an external page.
- Select "Hosted landing page" if the creative should click-thru to a Mocean-hosted page. Choose from the drop-down a landing page you need or select "New Landing Page" to create a new one.
- Frequency Capping - Set the number of shows for the creative per a period of time.
- NOTE: Frequency Capping can be set at the line item or creative level. If both are defined, the creative level frequency capping is used. If defined for a line item and a single creative, the creative will use it's Frequency Capping, while the remaining creative impressions are applied to the line item frequency capping.
- Tag this creative - Tag your creative for identification (optional). To add new creative tag, enter the data into the tag field and click ’Add’.
- Enable Pixel Tracking
- Having this option enabled, you are able to deliver all creatives within the campaign with a 1x1 img pixel tracker. An impression is counted only when this pixel is rendered on the end mobile device.
- "Preview" button shows a preview of your ad in a pop-up window. Select a device from the drop down to view how the ad is displayed on that device.
- Creative Management
- At the left panel of creative tab you can find 3 sub-tabs that allow to manage your creatives.
- Under "Creatives" sub-tab all creatives saved for this line item are listed.
- They can be searched through the search box. Enter a term, creative name, etc. to quickly find the desired creative in the list.
- Delivery - Specify the type of the ad delivery choosing among the options:
- Even - Even delivery Creatives are all given equal distribution, and will deliver evenly or as close as possible over the life of the line item.
- Weighted - The ad delivery is weight based.
- Weighted delivery Creatives are all given their own individual weights (values from 1 to 100 are allowed), which are calculated against the total creative weights to determine what percentage of total ad request traffic each creative will receive from that line item. The system uses these weights to create a percentage chance for each creative to be selected within a line item. The delivered impressions will generally match this weight, but may differ due to varying ad sizes availability for each creative.
- If weighting is used, those creative with the same weight will have the same percentage of traffic. Those with higher or lower weight will have more or less traffic, and how much more or less depends on how many creatives are in the line item and on the distribution between them. The simple math around weighting is:
(Creative Weight 1) / (Total Weight/100) = (% of Line traffic to Creative 1)
(Creative Weight 2) / (Total Weight/100) = (% of Line traffic to Creative 2)
(Creative Weight 3) / (Total Weight/100) = (% of Line traffic to Creative 3)
- Sample calculations illustrate how the traffic is distributed among the creatives.
Weight Creative 1 75 Creative 2 50 Creative 3 25 Total 150
- Creative 1 gets 75/(150/100) = 50 % of Line Item Traffic
- Creative 2 gets 50/(150/100) = 33.33 % of Line Item Traffic
- Creative 3 gets 25/(150/100) = 16.66 % of Line Item Traffic
- To edit the weight value click on it in the grid and enter the desired value in the pop-up window. Click "Save" to implement the edits.
- Performance (CTR) - The ad delivery is CTR based.
- Performance delivery Creatives are served based on their CTR performance, which uses daily statistics for the current day. The creative that performs the best will be served most often, but we do select the lesser performing creative from time to time so they can garner some traffic and potentially improve their performance over time
- To edit the weight value click on it in the grid and enter the desired value in the pop-up window. Click "Save" to implement the edits.
- Check up a creative in the list to view its settings at the right-hand panel. From the loaded form the creative can be started or paused by clicking at "Run/Pause" button in the 'Creative Status' section.
- Make the necessary settings and click "Save Creative" below the form to save the changes.
- You can delete the selected creative clicking at "Delete" button at the bottom-right corner and confirming your intention in the pop-up window. This creative will appear under "Deleted" sub-tab. It can be restored from this tab for further serving (see below).
- Creative Library
- Under "Library" sub-tab creatives created with "Copy to Library" option enabled are listed. Here you may find the templates to create creatives on the base of.
- NOTE: Under the "Library" tab a user can view and manage only the creative templates of his own orders i.e. creative templates created under the orders the user is assigned as an Advertiser to. If a template is created in the super-network, it can be available in subnetworks.
- The necessary template can be searched out through the search option. Enter a creative name to quickly find the desired template in the list.
- Check up the creative in the list to view/edit its settings at the right-hand panel and create a new creative on its base.
- Click "Delete Forever" to delete the template without a chance to restore it later.
- Deleted Creative
- If any creative has been deleted, it appears under "Deleted" sub-tab. Creatives listed here can not be viewed/edited till they are restored. Click "Restore" opposite the creative in interest and confirm your intention in the pop-up window.
- Now the restored creative can be found under "Creatives" sub-tub and it is available for management.
Ad Feed Settings
The tab is available only in case the Line Item Source is a 3rd Party Ad Feed. Under the "Ad Feed Settings" tab you are able to create an external creative (an ad feed configuration) as well as edit/run/pause/delete/undelete the existing ones. The tab consists of two parts: at the left-hand panel ad feed configurations can be managed; at the right-hand panel ad feed configuration settings can be viewed/created.
- Create Ad Feed Settings
To create a new ad feed configuration click at "New" or choose a template from the library sub-tab to create the external creative on the base of the existing settings.
At the right side the ad feed creation form appears.
To make the settings proceed with the following steps:
- Step #1. Select an ad feed from the list. To speed up the search process use the "Search" option above to find an ad feed by its name, Ad Network name or a tag in the list. Use paging below or extend the number of items shown at the page to view the full list of ad feeds. Click "Next" at the bottom to move to the next step.
- Step #2. Fill in the form for this ad feed. Each feed requires different levels of account information, so it will be necessary to create individual accounts with each of the networks and add the information in the Feed Manager. Line Item approval and reporting will be done on an individual network basis, and login to the individual networks is required for these features.
- For an ad feed specify the following:
- Ad feed name - Enter a name for the ad feed.
- Copy to Library check-box - Copy the template of this ad feed to the library for further use if necessary.
- Enter external reporting feed configuration settings if any exist in the network. They are set under Network Admin Panel and the form differs for different ad feeds.
- Frequency Capping - It is available to limit a number of ads desired to be shown per a certain period of time by setting frequency capping limit.
- Select Plus to save the entered limit. Additional limits are allowed to set.
- NOTE: Frequency Capping can be set at the line item or creative level. If both are defined, the creative level frequency capping is used. If defined for a line item and a single creative, the creative will use it's Frequency Capping, while the remaining creative impressions are applied to the line item frequency capping.
- Reporting Credentials - Select appropriate reporting credentials from the drop down if any exist for this ad feed in the network. These are ad feed configurations created under "Edit external reporting feeds" option of the Network Admin Panel.
- Tag This Ad Feed - Tag this external creative for identification (optional). To add new creative tag, enter the data into the tag field and click ’Add’. To delete the tag previously created, click on the tag.
- Once the form is completed click "Save Changes" at the bottom to save the creative. After saving it appears in the list of ad feeds at the left-hand panel.
- Click "Back" to get back to the first step and select another ad feed.
- Manage Ad Feed Settings
After saving the ad feed appears in the list of existing ad feeds at the left-hand panel.
To view and, if necessary, change ad feed settings select it in the list. From the loaded form the creative can be started or paused by clicking at "Run/Pause" button below the ad feed settings name. Perform other updates if necessary and click at "Save Changes" to save the settings.
- Ad Feed Library
In case an external creative is saved with the "Copy to Library" option enabled it appears under the "Library" tab. It can be used further as a template for other ad feed settings creation.
Select an external creative template in the list to get the setting form in the right-side panel.
Make the necessary changes and click "Save Changes" to save a new external creative. It will appear under the ad feed tab.
An ad feed template can be deleted from the library beyond recovery.
- Deleted Ad Feed Settings
To delete an ad feed configuration click select it in the list and click at "Delete" below the table and confirm your intention in the pop-up window. A deleted ad feed configuration appears under "Deleted" sub-tab. Any time you can get back to it and restore it if you wish by clicking at "Restore" opposite the ad feed configuration in interest. The searching option is available here as well to speed up the process of searching for a desired external creative.
The final step is to review your order information before saving. Under "Review" tab all the information on the line item is summarized.
Order Information allows to view the main information on the order the line item belongs to.
Line Item Information section contains the main basic information on the line item.
Targeting section shows the targeting settings made for the line item.
Placement section contains the placement settings made for the line item.
Domain Blocking enumerates all competitive domains specified for blocking, if any.
Delivery allows to view the delivery settings - Goal&Price, if the ad is available by direct request only, its total and daily limits. A link at the top of the section brings up a forecasting report for the line item. For line items with the "Set as Held Ad" option enabled the Held Expire Date can be reviewed here at the bottom of the section.
Creatives allows to view the list of creatives with their delivery method. Here you may find the "Get URL" information available in case Direct Request is set to "Enabled" for this line item.
Other contains additional information on the line item such as a CPA Conversion Code that can be used for tracking conversions. Copy this code and place it on the confirmation page on your landing site.
Approval section allows to set the line item approved (if checked). Disable the check-box if the line item needs other user's approval (with appropriate permissions for that).
- NOTE: This section of the Review tab is available to users who have the appropriate permission only.
If any changes are needed get back to the corresponding tab and update the settings. Do not forget to save them.
It is available to print the information from the Review tab. For this click at "Print" below the grid.
All the line item settings are summarized under the Quick Summary panel at the right side.
When clicking at a section name the main information can be viewed below:
Order Summary including its name, advertiser, start and end dates, ad mode (if it is in test mode or not).
Line Item Summary including its name, type, source, star and end dates, ad category.
Targeting including the targeting group the line item is targeted for. To view the targeting settings hover your mouse over the targeting group name and the information will appear in the pop-up window.
Placement including the placement group the line item is placed on. To view the placement group settings hover your mouse over its name and the information will appear in the pop-up window.
Domain Blocking including the list of blocked domains for the line item.
Delivery including the goal type and its price, daily and total limits for views, clicks, actions, budget, line item priority type.
Creatives including the pixel tracking information and the list of creatives under the line item. For a line item of the 3rd Party Ad Feed type this tab of the Quick Summary section is named "Ad Feeds" and contain the list of ad feeds of this line item.
Save Line Item
As soon as all the settings are made and reviewed click "Save and Start" at the right-bottom corner to finalize the process of line item creation and launch it. If the user have permission to approve line items and the line item is approved, it will be launched and the "Edit Order" screen will appear with the new line item included into the list of existing line items below.
If the line item needs approve it will be saved as a Pending line item.
If the process of the line item creation hasn't been completed yet or any changes are needed, click on ‘Save’ to save the made settings and continue line item creation later.
Before saving it is available to add a comment to the savings. Click at "Include comment" at the left-bottom corner of the form and enter the information in the pop-up window, then submit and save the line item. It will be reflected in Comments for the log under the Logs tab. Click "Close Window" to close the comment window without saving the comment.
A newly saved Line Item is available at the Manage Line Items tab in the list of "Saved" line items as it is not launched yet. How to start a line item as well as pause it, edit, copy or delete and perform any other action on it is described in the Manage Line Items section below.
Manage Line Items
Once a line item has been created it can be managed using the Manage Line Items panel. The Manage Line Items tab allows to view and manage the existing line items. The screen under this tab appears as shown below:
Here you can run and pause line items, edit or delete the specified line items, overview line item's creatives as well as get the fast access to ad hourly/daily/monthly reports.
When it is reached at the first time, the running line items only are visible.
For networks with the amount of line items over 5000 a part of it only is shown i.e. the most recent line items. The number of shown line items is available in the upper-right corner of the grid. To load the rest of line items click at "Load Remaining" next to it.
The following information is available under this tab:
- Line Item Name - the name of the line item,
- IO - the number of insertion order if assigned to the line item's order,
- Start date - the date the line item delivery starts,
- End date - the date the line item delivery ends,
- Advertiser - the name of the advertiser, the order is assigned to,
- Budget - the line item's budget specified under the 'Delivery' tab,
- Budget Spent - the budget spent to the line item (is calculated basing on the 'Goal&Price' value set under the 'Delivery' tab),
- Pacing - the pacing report on line item delivery. The values (% Delivered/ % Expected) show what % of the line item has been delivered to date and what % of delivery should be at the current moment in order to deliver in full. The on-schedule status is determined with a color:
- eCPM - (effective cost per thousand impressions) earnings from every 1000 ad shows; eCPM value is calculated on the base of the statistic data:
eCPM = 1000 x Total Revenue / Imps
- Thus, the eCPM is not available in the grid (N/A) until the ad starts serving and statistic data is generated.
- As soon as the statistics data appears, the eCPM is shown as calculated in the following way:
- For direct line items with CPM value specified as a bid price under "Delivery" tab this value is shown for eCPM in the grid.
- For line items with specified CPC or CPA value as a bid price the eCPM is calculated as
eCPM = CPC x CTR x 1000
eCPM = CPA x CTR x 1000
- In case the calculated eCPM value is too small (less than 0.0001) the minimum allowed eCPM of 0.000001 is set by default.
- For 3rd party line items eCPM value is shown as Line Item eCPM manually specified under the "Delivery" tab. Manual eCPM can be edited from the "Delivery" tab of the line item or right from the "Manage Line Items" grid by clicking on the eCPM value and entering a new on in the pop-up window.
- In case no manual eCPM is specified under the "Delivery" tab for a 3rd Party Line Item it is auto-calculated on the base of the statistics data for the line item (for all its ad feed creatives).
- NOTE: For 3rd Party Line Items the eCPM is recalculated on the base of the statistic data for the previous day.
- Alerts - the notification for the line item. In this column the icon appears to inform a user of the line items limits reached or the balance low. To view the message hover your mouse over the icon and read the information in the pop-up window:
- "The Advertiser balance is zero. Please add funds." - appears in case the advertiser balance tends to its minimum (0 by default).
- "Line Item has not yet started. It is before the start date." - appears for an approved, saved and started line item the start date of which is in the future. It is saved as a running line item but it will start serving at the specified date in the future.
- For reached limits:
- "Total limit of clicks reached."
- "Total limit of impressions reached."
- "Hourly limit of clicks reached."
- "Daily limit of clicks reached."
- "Hourly line item budget reached."
- "Total line item budget reached."
- "Daily line item budget reached."
- "Hourly limit of impressions reached."
- "Daily limit of impressions reached."
- "Placement is not defined."- appears in case no placement set for the line item.
- Order - the order the line item belongs to,
- Actions - the list of actions to apply to the line item (see below).
The list of existing line items can be sorted by line item status:
- Running - Campaigns that have been launched and can be shown at the moment;
- Paused - Campaigns that have been launched and then paused by a user, or launched ads that are before a start date;
- Pending - Launched ads waiting for a user approval;
- NOTE: A user can approve or decline a line item if he has a permission for this. How to set user permissions is described at User Permissions Profile.
- Declined - Launched line items declined by a user responsible for line item approval;
- Completed - Ad delivery has already finished due to one of the following reasons:
- • the expiration date has come;
- • the line item total clicks/views limits have been reached;
- • the budget limit of the ad has been reached.
- Saved - line items that have been saved but not launched yet;
- Held - line items with the 'Set as Held Ad' option enabled; these line items are not running at the moment but expected to run (and require some inventory) in future.
- Deleted - line items deleted by a user; these ads can be restored, though, by selecting the 'Undelete' action.
Sorting by Line Item Name, IO number, Start/End Dates, Advertiser and Budget is available as well in the list.
To speed up the searching of the necessary Line Item the filter option can be used. Filter line items by the name. To reach more filtering parameters click “Advanced” and specify those you wish to filter the line items by:
- Choose Active Period. Custom Range is chosen by default. Set 'Begin' and 'End' dates using the pop-up calendar. Or choose any other period from the drop-down list.
- Specify an Advertiser entering his ID, email address or name.
- Specify IO Number to filter the necessary line item.
- Specify Order Name to filter the line items belonging to the explicit order.
- Specifiy Line Item ID Number to locate the line item with a specific ID.
- Specify Line Item Source - to filter out the line items of the desired source - Direct Creative or 3rd Party Ad Feed.
- Specify Creative Tag to filter the line items containing specific creatives.
Click Reset to drop all the filtering settings and change them if you wish.
A newly created line item is set as Pending by default when created by a user with no permission to approve line items. It can be Approved/Declined by an Advertiser or a Network Manager or by any other user having such permission.
NOTE: How to set the permission so that a user could approve or decline an ad see User Permissions Profile
The following actions can be applied to a line item:
To edit the line item click on its name or choose Edit from the 'Actions' drop-down. You will be moved to the line item form to edit the necessary settings. When all the changes are made click 'Save' to save the line item.
A new line item can be generated on the base of the existing one using 'Copy' action. You will be moved to the line item form. The new line item inherits all the settings of the parent line item. These settings can be edited if needed and saved.
From the "Manage Line Items" page the line item can be set Paused or Resumed (started) by choosing the corresponding action from the drop-down. NOTE: This action is available for approved line items.
To view the information concerning the order, the line item, its targeting and placement settings, delivery and other settings click at the "Review" action and view the result in the pop-up window. In the modal window you can change the lie item's status
The creative review option is available from the "Manage Line Items" tab. Selecting the "Creatives" action from the drop-down allows to view the data on creatives existing under the chosen line item. View their name, type, click-thru URL, weight, frequency capping, scaled images (if it is a graphic ad) in the pop-up window. It also allows to manage creatives. Opposite the creative in interest in the "Actions" column select the desired action from the drop-down: you can pause/run the creative, delete it. If deleted, it appears in the list of deleted creatives where it can be restored from.
To view the latest updates to the line item choose "Logs" from the actions drop-down. You will be moved to the change log tab to view the information on the changes applied to the line item.
This action allows to get the report on the line item activity. You will be moved to the "Custom Report" tab to view the data for the whole line item flight period till the current day.
To delete the line item click on "Delete" opposite to the line item in interest. It is possible to undelete it through the 'Actions' drop-down as well.
- NOTE: A deleted line item is restored with the same status that it has been deleted with. For instance, if non-approved line items have been deleted with Pending or Saved statuses they are restored as Pending or Saved line items. An approved line item with Paused status is restored as a Paused line item. The only exception is a running line item. When an approved Running line item is deleted and then restored it acquires the Paused status.
An action can be applied to several line items at a time by ticking them in the list and then choosing an action from 'Action' drop-down below the grid to implement to the selected: Run, Pause, Delete, Undelete.
- NOTE: It is possible to restore line items of deleted orders. In this case the order will be restored together with this only line item. A message appears to inform you of that the order this line item belongs to is deleted and you are offered to confirm your intention to restore the order together with the line item.
The Line Items list can be downloaded in CSV format to your computer. Click “Export CSV” below the existing Line Items list and wait for a while to get the file to view/save it to your computer.
"Manage Insertion Orders" sub-tab allows to view existing and create new insertion orders.
NOTE: To be able to use insertion orders for payment select the ’ENABLE INVOICE PAYMENT’ option for a certain advertiser/ network manager (see User Permissions Profiles).
- Create Insertion Order
To add a new insertion order click at "New IO" button. The form appears below for you to fill in the necessary information:
- Advertiser - select an advertiser from the drop-down to be invoiced by this insertion order.
- Specify the amount of money.
- Choose a salesperson from the drop-down.
- Upload an IO file from your computer. IOs can be uploaded in .pdf, .doc, .xlsx, .xls, .csv, .docx and .txt formats.
After the information is provided click at "Save Insertion Order". It appears below in the list of insertion orders.
- Existing Insertion Orders
The "Manage Insertion Orders" tab allows to view the list of existing insertion orders and the following information on them:
- IO Number
- IO file name
- Amount of money
- The date of IO upload
- Salesperson assigned
- Advertiser funded with the IO
- IO Balance.
The necessary IO can be promptly selected from the list using "IO Filter" above the table. IOs can be filtered by Advertiser, or/and by Salesperson, or/and by IO Number. After filtering criteria are set click at "Search" to get the result.
- Replenish IO Balance
The IO Balance can be replenished by checking the insertion order in interest and clicking at "Replenish IO". Every time IO balance is replenished you should proceed the following:
- Enter the amount of money to add to the IO balance.
- Select Sales Manager.
- Upload a file based on that the IO is replenished.
When the insertion order is replenished a new row is appeared in the table, and IO balance for the insertion order that have been replenished is updated.
The Reporting interface for the MAST for App Stores solution enables the creation of very customized and very detailed reports. The process to create a report is described in detail at Mocean Reporting page.
The Dashboard is the default login screen whether the login is at the Network Manager or the Advertiser/Brand level. The Dashboard provides a quick look into the network activity as it applies to the owner of the account. For example, if the Network Manager logs in, he will see activity over all of the campaigns running in the network. If the Advertiser/Brand logs in, he will see only information as it relates to his campaigns speciﬁcally.
The Dashboard is separated into several sections: Overview, Messages, Daily Stats, Quick Reports and Orders.
The Dashboard Overview provides a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual view of the network activity.
The default view shows impressions over all applications for today, but the chart can be updated across any number of time, application and metric parameters to provide any level of desired information. Each application included in the network will appear in the Apps dropdown, and the available metric parameters include impressions, clicks, revenue, CTR, eCPM, Fillrate and Requests.
To see a quick view of the number of clicks garnered by all the applications in the last month, simply select This Month from the tab at the top of the chart, select Revenue from the Chart metric drop down menu, and then select GO! to run update the graph.
The data can also be output to CSV for easy dissection and analysis.
The Messages panel on the Dashboard tab generally states the estimated net revenue for the network, however other announcements will appear here.
Estimated Net Revenue is overall internal revenue for the network life. It is calculated based on bid price set in campaigns and the amount of generated impressions, clicks, and actions.
This revenue is considered estimated as it can be changed due to data reconciliation.
Things like system maintenance dates, special announcements, or the release of new features will appear here in addition to the estimated network revenue when available.
The Stats panel in the Dashboard gives an overview of clicks, impressions, requests, applications, CTR, ﬁll rate and CPM and internal revenue over the network for the specific time frame.
NOTE: THE IMAGE BELOW CONTAINS TEST DATA. WITH ACTUAL NETWORK DATA, REQUESTS, APPLICATIONS, AND FILL RATE WOULD NOT BE EQUAL TO ZERO WHEN CLICKS, IMPRESSIONS, CTR AND CPM HAVE DATA ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.
Quick Reports are reports that can be saved during the report creation process (see Create Report). Quick Reports makes it easy to access reports that are run with frequency, and can be saved as reports are being built.
Saving a report as a quick report would be done during the Create Report phase by checking out the ‘Quick Reports’ from the View Report screen (see Save Custom Report for details).
The review a certain quick report, click on the report shown up in the Quick Reports list.
All orders that have been created in your network will appear at the bottom of the Dashboard. From this grid, orders can be edited or deleted. Order logs as well as an order performance report can be viewed.
The list of existing orders can be filtered by Order ID, Order Name, Advertiser ID, Advertiser Name (Company), Line Item selected from the drop-down. Besides orders can be sorted in the grid by order name, dates, advertiser name, budget and budget spent.
Clicking at the "Create New Order" button above the table brings up a create order form for you to make settings and save a new order.
Settings for an existing order can be viewed by clicking at the order name in the grid.
To edit the details of the order, select ’Edit’ from the action list next to the order in question. This will bring up the order details, allowing for a step through of the order details in the same workﬂow as the order creation process. For a step-by-step walk-through of the edit order process, see above beginning with section Create Order.
To copy an order click at "Copy" from the Actions drop-down. It brings up the "Create Orders" form with order data copied from the parent order. Edit it if necessary and click "Copy Order" to save the order.
Selecting ’Delete’ from the Orders action list will bring up a conﬁrmation dialog box. The order will not be deleted until this failsafe is triggered. Once the order is deleted, there will be no history of it in the account.
The option to view order logs is available from the Orders action list. To perform this action, you will be moved to "Change Log" tab to view the changes applied to this order.
The order list (including deleted ones) with information for them can be downloaded to your computer in .CSV format using the "Export CSV" option at the right-bottom corner.
The Profile tab gives you the ability to change specific details about your account information: password, first and last names, company and phone number as well as regenerate the API Key for this network.
To change your specified email address or something else beyond the items that appear in the screen above (account owner, etc.) contact Mocean support.
To change your current password, enter it in the 'Current Password' field, then specify a new one in the 'Password' field and then repeat it in the Confirm password field. Then, click Save . After that you will be able to log in to the network using your new password.
Click Clear to clear all active sessions.
Under the "Profile" tab the information on the user's API Key is available (if allowed by the specific permission). You may regenerate the API Key clicking on "Regenerate" to get it for the network. Please, find more information about API Key here.
The information about user actions can be obtained under the Logs section.
The following actions are shown here:
- any create action (whether it’s a user creation, order, line item, creative/ad feed, app, zone or placement/targeting group creation, etc.)
- any modify action (modifying user accounts, order/line item/creative/ad feed settings, app and zone attributes, placement/targeting group, etc.)
- any delete action (whether it’s a user, order, line item, creative/ad feed, app, zone or placement/targeting group, etc.)
- un-deliting apps/zones
- approving/declining line items as well as pausing/resuming orders and line items
- adding/deleting app filters and keywords, and some others.
Clicking on "modified" in the raw for a specific log brings up a detailed description of the change, the comment to this change (if you have left any) as well as previous and new values.
Use Filters to search for specific actions in the logs list.
Apply the filters required, then select Search. The result will be appeared in the table below.
All the change logs can be exported in a .csv format clicking on Export .CSV above the table.